Monday, August 18, 2014

Week One: Favorite Place

Traveling is one of my favorite things to do. I've been to six countries and many states within the US. Here are a few of my favorite places!

Beijing, China

I am adopted from China and since then have returned four times to travel, visit and study abroad. Most recently I spent my fall 2013 semester at Tsinghua University in Beijing where I rode a bike to school, visited the Gobi desert and practiced Chinese in one of the largest cities in the world.
(Personal photo from Beijing, China taken November 2013)
(Personal photo from Beijing, China taken November 2013)

(Personal photo from the Gobi Desert, China taken October 2013)

Tulsa, Oklahoma

I'm from Tulsa, so this city -- as well as its residents --- holds a special place in my heart. 

(Personal photo from downtown Tulsa taken summer 2013)





1 comment:

  1. Oh, not only have you been to China, Jessica - you have been to many places in China. Now I am even more jealous! That picture of the Gobi Desert is especially amazing: wow! One of my goals in redoing the "UnTextbook" for this class was to make sure I included some Chinese materials... and maybe you will want to do a Chinese project for class! There are some great mythology and folktale resources for China online... and I bet you heard some great stories on your travels too. Anyway, that's something you can explore if you want as you start thinking about a class project. Enjoy!
    Chinese story collections online

    ReplyDelete